Part-time Position Available
D’Aguilar Art Foundation (DAF), launched in 2008, is the culmination of
Vincent D’Aguilar’s vision for Bahamian art. The Foundation is a
not-for-profit gallery and is home to the most comprehensive public art
collection in The Bahamas. With over 2000 artworks in our collection, we
recognize the DAF’s role in the community as a repository of knowledge
on Bahamian art and art history. We aim to provide an educational
resource for artists, scholars, collectors, and students, while also
providing early career assistance to young artists and artworkers.
DAF seeks a dynamic new team member that will primarily assist with the
curation, production and promotion of 5 to 6 exhibitions throughout the
year. As a part of the DAF team, you will be involved in all aspects of
What you will be doing:
- Conceptualizing and curating exhibitions.
- Updating and maintaining the D’Aguilar Art Foundation website.
- Assisting with the Foundation’s social media and newsletter accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp and Paperless Post.
- Keeping an accurate record of the art collection using a computer database called Collectify.
- Compiling and organizing research for exhibitions and associated artists.
- Assisting with the organization and maintenance of the collection storage space.
- Assisting with moving and hanging artwork in satellite locations.
- Greeting and discussing the artwork and collection with gallery visitors.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment and move between tasks with ease. For example, during a single working day you may be asked to assist with relocating paintings, reorganizing an area of the gallery and also work on the Foundation website.
- Basic knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, Microsoft office and Mailchimp preferred.
- Knowledge of Bahamian art community and art history and a desire to stay up-to-date with local artist and exhibition developments
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am-4pm, as well as all DAF exhibition openings. *Hours can potentially be reworked around a different schedule.
Apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org